Monday, May 6, 2013

Getting My Act Together and Taking It On The Road!!!!!!!!

So, this will seem pretty random but when I was in college, I had to bring in a song to learn for Musical Theatre class.  I knew nothing about sheet music or what to pick so I asked the guy at the shop to pick for me.  I don't remember which song he picked but it was from the musical "I'm Getting My Act Together and Taking it on the Road".  I think the reason I don't remember the name of the song is that I never sang it.  My teacher said he didn't want to spend the semester hearing it over and over again so we picked an old standard from the '40's for me to sing.  It was actually pretty funny.

In any case, any time I am getting myself organized my brain shrieks: I'm Getting My Act Together and Taking it on the Road!  And that is what is ringing in my head because I am vending at a craft fair (My first in years) this coming Saturday.


I made cards.  I sewed on them a little bit.  
We're probably going to change the design eventually so I only made 40.  
It doesn't seem sustainable to always sew on our business cards but I like the way it looks.


I made a big ol' sign.  I sewed on that, too.


But you can't really see the stitching unless you're up close to it.  I need to fix that somehow.  I don't want to sew on it too much because it perforates the paper and if I do too much, it will fall apart.  


I have some stuffed animals.


Jewelry out of electronic components in muffin tins...Yes that's right, muffin tins.  They're good for storage.  


Pin cushion bonanza!


Jewelry out of tee shirts and my partner has a lot of wool crowns and balls.


And I have the ability to take credit cards which feels like a super power.  I know there's butt loads more of stuff to prepare but I feel like I'M GETTING MY ACT TOGETHER etc...  

PS - I still can't carry a tune.  That poor teacher was tortured by my singing for a whole year, 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service