Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hold me! I'm Scared!

Just a quickie.  This is my Grandfather's sweater.  It has holes.  I've been wearing it since the early 80's but less lately because I'm afraid of making them worse.


 Also, I haven't washed it in forever and a day.  A coupe of years ago I sewed the holes up with thread but I didn't like it.


My kids take pictures of themselves all the time like this. 


I used wool sock yarn and really highlighted the holey-ness of it all and now I love it even more.  
Next step:  Clean it.  Hold me!  I'm scared!  

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM , Blogger jencircletheworld said...

I just washed three cashmere sweaters I inherited that I have never washed. I'll let that sink in for a minute. I handwashed in cold, laid them flat to dry, easy peasy. Now I can wear my sweaters and lift my arms again! Good luck!

 
At April 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM , Blogger kristieinbc said...

Be brave! Use some no rinse soap Like Soak. Run some tepid water in your bath. Gently push the sweater down in the water, and even more gently give it a few light squeezes. Let it sit for about 20 minutes. Pull the plug. Once the water has drained very gently (note how many times I am using this word!) push on the sweater to get some of the remaining water out. Have a large towel on the floor next to the tub. Place the sweater on the towel, roll the towel up, and then step gently on the towel. Unroll, place a second dry towel down and repeat the roll and step procedure. Then put your sweater on a flat surface to dry.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service