Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Don't Know How To Sew

I totally forgot how.


OK.  That's not really true but that was my first thought when trying to sew a bunch of circles on my machine. It didn't work at all.  The bobbin fell out twice.  After a night's sleep, I now think it was the sewing machine.  It's a fabulous straight stitching machine but doesn't like sewing in circles.  Does that sound reasonable?  I haven't fully abandoned my first theory.


On to hand stitching.  I rounded up all my blues and whites and pulled out my new pin cushion.


Isn't that hilarious?  My friend gave it to me.  She called it a hillbilly wine glass.  I added the pin cushion lid.  The only plus about actually drinking wine from it is that I could drink a whole bottle but claim to only having two glasses.  Maybe that's not a plus.  Anyway, it's a perfect place for all of my safety pins.


I had lots of fun making my circles. They don't exactly match what I envisioned but I like them anyway.


Here's the back after I added another circle.  I really like this side.  I used some old blue linen left over from another project. 

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 23, 2013 at 5:41 AM , Blogger jencircletheworld said...

I like the circles and LOVE the pincushion! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service