Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cloth Instant Book


One last Instant Book made for displaying at my Saturday program.   I mentioned this one earlier so this could be considered to be more follow up, right?  I'm growing up. Here's the front cover of the book. 

 

I randomly used images from a pair of pants that I found at Dig N Save and cut up.  I want to know who thought: You know what will make great pants: Pictures of people!  It's whack-a-doo and will not be seen walking around in a town near you because those pants are now a book. 

There's something you don't hear every day. 

 

Next pages.

 

The book in the book.  In staring at these randomly placed images while sewing on and playing with the book,  I kind of came up with a story/non-story thing.  So I used my daughters junky old typewriter (Best kind for this project) and typed it up.

 

Then I stapled the cut up pages into the paper Instant Book that lives inside the cloth Instant Book.

 



 



 








 

 I hope I was clear enough about this story really making no sense.  I embroidered a little yellow and green thing onto each page and that thing is what the story is about.  Really. 

Then I just stapled the paper book into the cloth book. 


And the back cover.  

In sewing it up, I embraced the messy!  But that's hardly worth mentioning because I always do. I feel like I'm pretty well set for my program.  One whole person has signed up...that's actually pretty typical for a library program.  People tend to sign up at the very last moment so wish me luck.  I'll run it no matter what. 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service