Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Seven!

So, I wrote a little comic book 'zine thing.  I'll use it as a display for my Instant Book Program that I'm running at the Library this weekend.  I just found out that the Madison 'Zinefest is this weekend and I might bring it there, too.

 

Here's a page done just in pencil.  I only posted one picture here because it's not very interesting to see them all. I thought it would be but, no, it's just repetitive.
I went over the pencil with a superfine sharpie (truly a super and fine marker - I love them).

Cover


Actually, I decorated it a little bit more - it looks so boring here.

 I have to preface this with these disclaimers:  I don't obsess on my school years; this story happened to come up as the result of a Lynda Barry workshop.  I was a weird and nervous child but I'm fine now, thank you.  This story is totally true.

I did add the words "Math Test" on this one.

Scary Miss O.  I used to have nightmares about her.




And I added the words "Test Results" because it wasn't really clear.
 

Here's the whole shebang before it gets "instant book-a-cised"


 I made a few copies just to see if it would work.  I'm going to make some more now that I've seen them.  It was truly fun. 

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM , Anonymous Susan said...

Those look so good! Your drawings remind me of the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary. Great job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service