Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Attitude Adjustment

I didn't have time to work on my scrap quilt yesterday so I had to knock it out today. I'm glad I took that time off because when I sat down to work on it, I felt completely different about it.

I realized that this project is been a great opportunity to try something new that I never would have chosen. Yesterday, all of my whining was really just my insecurities rearing their heads.

I'll hand it over to my swap partner happily; she knew she was risking getting a final product she wouldn't necessarily adore, just like I did when I gave her my scraps. It's really the point of the whole exercise and I'm glad I finally figured it out.
It was a chance to try out these little corner pockets for hanging. I put one on every corner so she has lots of hanging options.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 25, 2012 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Sue ~ Granny's World said...

that worked out really well

 
At October 25, 2012 at 11:38 AM , Anonymous Susan said...

Whoops, should have read ahead on your blog before posting the last time ;) This is awesome!

 
At October 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! That's funny. The zig zag wouldn't show as well on a pouch. I did think about it, though.

 
At October 25, 2012 at 7:08 PM , Blogger jencircletheworld said...

Um . . . if your swap partner doesn't like it, I am totally willing to go to a quilt guild meeting to establish my "cred" and then take it home to my house! LOVE IT! Keep in mind, if I ever swapped scraps with someone the most they'd get was a hippie cat toy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service