Monday, July 30, 2012

Is My List


 

Honestly, I'm not a list maker.  

But, I answered an ad on Craigslist for this several weeks ago.  I don't remember their asking price but I offered $10. I do this every so often because I really like the drawers. I had  never heard back from the people I offer the $10 to before.  They must either sell the machines for more than $10 or decide to keep them.  Either way, I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.


This time I did hear back and I went out and picked it up over the weekend.  I planned on keeping the drawers for storage and using the machine as garden art (if it had been beyond repair) or offering it up for free on Craigslist again it if it looked fixable. 


 But look at this beauty.  I think I'm in love.  It's a Singer Red Eye model 66 (I think) and it's a filthy, hot mess.  I don't know if I can get it running again but I'm going to try.  Remember the machine from the '70's that I recently broke?

Here's the best picture of the broken sewing machine that I could find.  I never blogged about this project (rice bags) because I never took a picture of it when it was finished.  Rounding them up and taking a picture and writing that post is on my list.

Well, it's a Singer, too and it looks like the Red Eye will fit into the blue machine's cabinet.  Now that I lugged the Necchi upstairs to use I remembered why I bought blue Singer; because the Necchi is freakin' huge and takes up too much space.  

So, attempting to fix the Red Eye and switching the machines out and bringing the Necchi back down to the basement are all on my list.  I can't take too long because I've got three sewing machine cabinets to deal with and they take up more than their fair share of space. 


Oh yeah, I finally bought some backing fabric for the giant baby quilt.  Must work on this today (I'm realizing how long my list is.  Thankfully, I never actually write it all down.  If I did, I'm sure I would give up hope).
The chickens are fine.  They make me think of this:

Oh pigeon... 

I can't find who drew this or I would totally credit them.  I found it on Pinterest and now the link doesn't go anywhere.  But it describes my life in this moment so well.  I'm so glad we only got two of them.  Dealing with their shit, is my list right now.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Lynch Family said...

Options: http://chickendiapers.com/

 
At July 30, 2012 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Britney said...

wow that's a beautiful sewing machine. hopefully it gets running again!

that print might be somewhere on etsy! it certainly has that etsy charm xD

 
At August 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM , Anonymous Melissa said...

The sewing machine reminds me of an old one grandmother had when I was little. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a singer it might have been an old praff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service