Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Finally for real!

Seat cushions on 'A'side
I'm calling this DONE!  It's probably about a year of work and avoidance of work to make this couch cover.  I'm ridiculously proud of it.


'B' side

I consider it done just today because this is the day I attached some elastic loops around the legs to hold in in place.  It's looked finished for weeks.
Here's the seat back.  I'm glad I took months and month off because in that time I made some quilts and came up with this piecing idea.  Everything else I had tried before was super awkward and had stumped me.  One vote for procrastination!

By the time I really figured out the piecing thing, though, I had reached the back of the couch , you know, the part that sits up against the wall.  It's my favorite part.
So here are some of the details.

These pictures are just for the record because no one will ever see it unless I completely rearrange my house.  Don't think I'm not tempted.
Remember this post? (Scroll to the end)
You're still welcome! 
Thar she sits, in all her glory!




 

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At September 27, 2011 at 6:35 PM , Blogger verdemama said...

I loooove it! Especially the back, that deserves some rearranging.

 
At September 28, 2011 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Poppyprint said...

whoa. that is a serious denim project - congratulations, it is a stunner! I bet it's the most comfortablist couch ever!

 
At September 28, 2011 at 2:06 PM , Blogger mkonieczki said...

WOWZER! You weren't lying when you said BIG! This is a really cool project! The piecing on the back is fantastic and looks incredible! I hope you get a sweet satisfaction of knowing you made this cover every time you sit on the couch!

 
At September 28, 2011 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Yarn Dependent Me said...

AHHHHH! I want a denim couch now tooooo!

 
At October 31, 2011 at 5:44 PM , Blogger amberoons said...

I LOVE IT! Brilliant... truly! I love denim and I'm showing this to my denim buddies haha. I have been crawling around the web for days now trying to find pictures from other crafters to kickstart my creativity and inspire me to get on my next projects... this truly did it!

(p.s. I don't usually post comments all too often... but this was so comment worthy).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service