Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What Could Be Better?



Here's what a couple of hours can do.



It's really fun to just stitch while following your nose.



I also got about an hour of book club reading in, I will not be the one who hasn't finished the book!


But I also got some real work done.  I've promised to donate a quilt to the Monona Library for an upcoming fundraiser*. 
Do you recognize the denim blocks?  It's the full catastrophe quilt that has been haunting me with it's unfinished nature.  Well, I found it a home.  Not all of it, mind you, but a fair amount.  


One of the things I loved about it originally was how the strips all went in the same direction but now I'm like, meh.  
So, I pulled some of the strips apart


And added in a couple of panels that had different orientations.


It still needs something. 


My pointless panel will have to wait.  I feel a little like a Victorian lady with my embroidery project waiting for me to work on it in the evenings.  Like a Victorian lady who works on her projects while watching Mad Men.  

*Which, by the way, you should really go to.  We'll have a Dean Martin impersonator and cupcakes.  What could be better?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service