Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Happy...Unhappy

I bought all 12 skeins of the ecru embroidery thread at Wisconsin Craft Market.


They sold it to me - with a smile - in a cute little paper bag that reminded me of the bags I would get when buying penny candy as a kid.  Happy.


It's full body sewing.  I often need pliers to get the needle through all the layers.  I think it's because I'm using the whole 6 ply thread - I usually split it in half and use three plies.  Many plies = pliers.  Hmm.


At this point, I caught my fatal flaw.  Unhappy.

You saw me lay out the yarn template, right?  That was supposed to save me from myself.

http://labyrinthsociety.org/

Remember this?



It's hard to describe and harder to get a decent picture of but I have two ends left to connect which would make two more paths...


And only room for one more path.  Sooooo...  I f-ed it up.  

I'm not one to beat myself up at any length, though.  That's boring.

  I had a choice to make and it was actually really easy to make it.  I could either make the last path continue off the edge of the quilt so that you would have to imagine it there or widen the quilt.  

Imma widen the quilt.  The imaginary path off the edge really defeats the purpose of the labyrinth.  I was halfway tempted to only add that part of the quilt that will have a path on it... actually, I still am tempted to do that.  It might be too complicated for someone who couldn't fit a labyrinth on a quilt even using a template.   Only one way to find out.
I did have a place for the path there at one point but took it out thinking it was extra.  

Enough typing..time to do some improvising!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Linda said...

I think its going to be amazing when you finish no matter what you decide to do! Have a great day!

 
At April 10, 2013 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Linda, that's such a nice thing to say. We shall see. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service