Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Midwestern Conundrum

I got an invitation/request to donate something to the ReStore Art Show/Auction next year.  They asked for another doll but, since I haven't been making them lately, I offered them a quilt instead.  They said yes.
I'm a little overwhelmed with the idea of making something new but I'm pretty sure I only feel that way because it's so close to Christmas right now.  I don't have to start anything till afterwards.  But it occurred to me today that I could just donate this older quilt.  


I'm proud of it and all it really does right now is hang on a wall.  Someone, somewhere might really get some use out of it.  I'm pretty sure I feel that way because I'm from the Midwest and tend towards being practical even when I don't want to be.  Plus, I LOVE ReStore and want to support them.

What I don't know is what how to price it.  It took for freakin' ever.  Whether I make a fresh quilt or not, pricing is going to be hard. 

Any advice?  I could really use some.



Also, here's a bonus photo of the last drawing I made in my last Figure Drawing class.  Looking at it now, I can see that her neck looks crazy huge but I'm very proud of the hair.  I'm trying to decide if I want to take the class again.  It was really fun but not particularly practical.  Again, such a Midwestern conundrum. 

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 14, 2012 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Britney said...

i have no tips for pricing anything that's been quilted, but i gotta say that it gives me the warm fuzzies to think of a handmade thing being admired by others and maybe even loved and used.

and i do love that portrait you made! you did do really well with the hair and face rendering. kinda makes me miss my own figure drawing workshops, maybe i should pay one a visit.
i'd love to see what else you draw should you decide to return to the class!

 
At November 15, 2012 at 8:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pricing is so hard! If only we could forget about the time factor--I find it to be depressing to realize I just made .35 an hour. I'd think several hundred dollars for the quilt, though. Restore is a great cause. Please let us know what and how you decide!

Very nice hair--you are multi-talented : ).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service