Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Unrelated News

Check out my awesome yarn bowl.  My sister in law got it for me for my birthday.  I love it.


I've been partaking in some transitional crafting.  The last time I finished a big project I felt down for little while.  So, this time I decided that knitting would be the perfect in between thing to do.  It's doesn't take a ton of concentration - especially when using someone else's pattern - and it's fun to do.  And it worked.  I'm making the Darkside Cowl out of Noro Retro that I impulsively bought at a Sow's Ear knit night.  Phew - lots of name dropping there. It's a very fun knit and I'm sure it'll get lots of wear.  

On to destruction:


That's right.  I took the unfinished half of a baby quilt that I had left over and unquilted it.  I was never in love with it and I realized why the other night.  It's the colors.  


They are great for a baby quilt but these denim blocks don't really want to be a colorful baby quilt.  They're too regular and tidy (relatively, for me).  


They want a neutral color thread.  Can you hear them asking?  I can.  I will need to remove the border and separate at least some of the squares but I think it's for the best.

In unrelated news, one of my chickens laid her first egg.  :)

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At August 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM , Blogger Britney said...

what a pretty yarn bowl *_* i've been thinking seriously about learning some more about woodturning so i can make one of my own.
it's nice to see you knitting, that pattern looks delish, and from my limited experience in skein-fondling, noro yarns are the good stuff.

and congrats on your chicken's first egg!

 
At August 16, 2012 at 2:32 AM , Blogger Sue ~ Granny's World said...

I love that yarn bowl very good, does the yarn stay put lor does it pull out. Yeah to your first egg, nothing like it

 
At September 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The yarn stays put. I find myself knitting more just because it's here! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service