Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Things I Didn't Buy And The Thing I Did

 

 Yesterday was a thrift shopping day and I came upon a goldmine of crazy.  Someone's collection of ceramic figurines, all of them elderly.  In addition to this shelf full, there were about 20 more scattered throughout the store.   I couldn't bring myself to buy them.  I just felt like I had to have them all or none of them and, while my husband really appreciates many of the horrifying ceramic things I bring  home, he wouldn't if I spent $60 to $80 on one haul.

Then I went to my local grocery store and happened upon this:

 

For sale for $18.95 and totally ironically cool.  Which was hugely disappointing because I already own this:

 

Bought for a buck at a yard sale, under the impression that it wasn't supposed to be ironically cool.  I don't know how I feel about it any more.  

 

But I am thrilled with this purchase.  It's the door to an old PO box.  I bought it at the post office.  The woman behind the counter gave me a quick lesson on how to pick the lock, too - which was priceless. 

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At August 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Lynch Family said...

Such restraint! You are to be commended.

p.s. The Bloggess book should come packaged with Depends.

 
At August 31, 2012 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Lynch Family said...

Just back from Vinny's on Willy St.--site of the crazy old people porcelains? I refrained from getting you a one-eyed speckled cat. I too should be rewarded for my restraint. I think gin is a good reward.

 
At September 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm waiting for them to make it to DNS! Then it's open season.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service