Monday, June 4, 2012

One Quilt, Three Scandals


 I've made some progress on the baby quilt.  Finally...


 Quilt sandwich pre-pinning


And post pinning.  Compared to my last quilt, which was king sized, 
this was  piece o' cake.


 Here's the fabric for the other side.  It's not soft.  Isn't that somewhat scandalous for a baby blanket?  I really tried to talk myself into other fabrics but the second I saw this in the store, I knew this fabric had to be the backing of this quilt.  It can always end up as a "throw it on the yard or floor" quilt.  With all that denim, it's not really destined to be a baby covering quilt anyway. 


 Look at those cute birdies.


I hope it'll soften up when I wash it.  That's right.  Scandal number two is that I didn't wash it first.  I'm hoping that when I wash it the first time, once it's all sewn up, it will take on a nice, vintage look and feel.

Scandal number three:  It's dry clean only.  Obviously, that ain't gonna happen.  My only worry is that frequent washing will wear it out faster than I would hope. 
Knock wood that it ends up being sturdy.

 
Next step is to pick the quilting thread color, which is always so much fun!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service