Tuesday, January 3, 2012

With the Goal of Enabling Others in Mind


 I have to take a break from this and all other crafty project for a bit.  
There's still a ton of sewing to do but my hand is sore.
Here's an earlier version.  I feel like it should look more different now - I've done so much sewing on it.  I'm glad that I removed the stitches that went across the middle.  They made it look plaid.
So I'll take a couple of days off and just stare at it.  Some of the time I love it, other times I'm frustrated with it.  Maybe I should have used fewer or more colors.  Maybe I should have had more of a color plan.
A pattern of darks and lights have emerged in a way that I don't really love.  Also, I still have no clue as to what it is.  I mean, I know it's a learning swatch but I feel like it should end up being a useful object.
 Oh well.  I still love the way the cloth ripples and I enjoy the path-i-ness of running stitch.  Also, it's really fun to take macro pictures of.  
On an unrelated note, I was checking out one of my favorite blogs, The Brick House, and took part in one of my favorite library junky habits:  Putting the books I see in someone else's pictures on hold at my library.  Especially design and art books.  I love them.  So, with the goal of enabling others in mind, here is a picture of a random pile of books in my living room - some ours, some the library's - for you to enjoy.

Now, go place some holds!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 5, 2012 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Lynch Family said...

Here's one I am obsessing over: http://www.amazon.com/Kokeshi-Kimono-Book-Annelore-Parot/dp/145210493X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325770062&sr=1-2

Ha! My first verification phrase was "ohshit"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service