I Had to Stand on the Table to get a Decent Picture.
Early the other morning I figured out how I want to make the quilt that I have been procrastinating on since September.
I had just finished writing my morning pages when
this quilt idea jumped into my head.
It's really simple but that's the kind of quilt that appeals to me.
I don't think it will be quite like this but it's a general map.
It at least got me started.
I know it looks like just a jumble of scribbles but trust me, that's a quilt there. :)
I decided the background should be mostly red with some beige and just a little green.
I finally took the leap and cut the corduroy into strips.
Here's a pile of the selvedges. I just thought it looked kind of cool.
It's trash can bound....maybe...
I sorted the embroidered squares by size and ended up with seven piles though I think I'll cut some of the squares into smaller shapes. That might be pretty cool. I like the idea of the embroidered path being interrupted by a patch of color only to start up right where it left off on the next square. Hmmm. I may be giving this a little too much thought.
I had to stand on the table to get a decent picture.
I like the nap going in different directions. The second red strip from the top looks darker because I reversed the nap there.
I think I'll keep that going randomly throughout the quilt.
Now, that's what I call a process post. I haven't even started sewing yet.
But I am about to.