Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Had to Stand on the Table to get a Decent Picture.

 Early the other morning I figured out how I want to make the quilt that I have been procrastinating on since September.  
I had just finished writing my morning pages when 
this quilt idea jumped into my head.  
It's really simple but that's the kind of quilt that appeals to me.


 I don't think it will be quite like this but it's a general map.  
It at least got me started.  
I know it looks like just a jumble of scribbles but trust me, that's a quilt there.  :)


 I decided the background should be mostly red with some beige and just a little green.


I finally took the leap and cut the corduroy into strips.


Here's a pile of the selvedges.  I just thought it looked kind of cool.  
It's trash can bound....maybe...


I sorted the embroidered squares by size and ended up with seven piles though I think I'll cut some of the squares into smaller shapes.  That might be pretty cool.  I like the idea of the embroidered path being interrupted by a patch of color only to start up right where it left off on the next square.  Hmmm.  I may be giving this a little too much thought.


General concept.  

I had to stand on the table to get a decent picture.  

I like the nap going in different directions.  The second red strip from the top looks darker because I reversed the nap there.  
I think I'll keep that going  randomly throughout the quilt.

Now, that's what I call a process post.  I haven't even started sewing yet.  
But I am about to.  

Riiiiiight NOW! 

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 1, 2011 at 2:49 PM , Blogger Yarn Dependent Me said...

Preeeeeettyy! I wish I could stand on my table...alas I am too lazy to fix the top to the bottom, so it is not soh stable

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.jenniferfalkowski.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service